Technical Product Owner
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, IN
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 500+ strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our team in Bangalore is 500+ strong, and we are growing in a variety of ways as we strive to achieve a culture of excellence.
Our program management group drives a seamless product delivery that will delight our clients and their customers. Working in collaboration with our engineering, design and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems. You are a passionate advocate for software quality, its role in our society and its relationship to technology. You possess outstanding project management skills, ability to lead a multidimensional program(s) within a brand ecosystem, and a solid understanding of contemporary tools and product methodologies.
As a leader throughout the project life cycle, you are focal to the impact of the engagement. You facilitate various project workshops and processes enabling a cross-functional effort that will bring an exceptionally high-quality product and experience to consumers.
- Deep dive into work of your team, review the code submitted by your team, and resolve the root cause of problems
- Drive a continuous improvement process - introduce new tools & automations based on real data analysis
- Represent the team to engineering groups internally, to executive leaders in various functional groups within YML, to current and future customers, and to our partner organizations
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Closely Interact with other functions such as PM/Product, Design, UI/UX, Architecture, QA, and deliver planned features
- Create strong practices around test driven development, automating delivery of apps to the marketplace with strong CI/CD practices.
- Play the role of an unblocker in a tight scrum environment
- Able to help other developers with challenges, problem solving, and help achieve milestones as per plan.
- Prioritize to manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects
- A highly talented and driven technical product owner with 8+ years of overall experience and 5 years actively as technical product manager/owner
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in mobile development and web technologies (CMS, Angular React)
- Has excellent analytical and communication skills with proven ability to influence and negotiate with clients and internal stakeholders
- Experience defining product strategy from scratch with implementation success in previous roles is a must
- Proven experience one or more of mobile/healthcare/fintech domains or startup space
- Technical background in building mobile/cloud/ML/AI/SaaS products and bring own point of view in proposing the solutions to client requirements
- Act as product evangelist with deep curiosity on technology trends and being able to go deep into technology and relate technical enhancements to build product vision
- Experience with cloud ecosystem or related technologies
- Groom and prioritize the work in the backlog according to business value
- Extensive experience working in an Agile Scrum methodology.
- Multi-tasker with ability to support at least 2 products in parallel
- Experience with Rally/Jira/Azure Devops or similar Agile Project Management tools
- Proficiency with at-least in one language Python, Swift, Kotlin etc
- Ability to use story splitting techniques to break larger stories and deliver in small increments.
- Experience using workshop techniques to foster story mapping and ideation sessions.
- Qualification – Have Computer science or engineering background strongly preferred; MBA a plus
- Technical Advocate — you are both an advocate for the user and product quality
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research and is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future