Director of Client Strategy (remote)
United States, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 500 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (full remote positions available).
Our client strategy group drives client growth and a thought leadership mindset through intelligent product discussions with our clients. They are able to guide clients to the best decisions that drive impact for their users, as well as be a source of knowledge for our program management team in key client moments. Focused on being an advocate for the client within YML, and ultimately work together to build digital products that solve the brand’s customer’s needs and pain points.
As the Client Strategy team at YML, we focus on the insights at the interception of the brand, the customer, and the competition. We build strong, understanding, and trusted partnerships because we prioritize the hard conversations that enable us to earn our client’s trust. And we work hard to achieve high Client & Employee satisfaction because we actively participate in project activities and deliverables to meet our clients’ objectives.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Self-driven Client Strategy partner who provides both strategic and tactical leadership across multi-million dollar engagements, while keeping up-to-date on daily project activities
- Comfortable interacting with clients of all levels and industry backgrounds, from the CEO to administrative support staff. They need to know intuitively how to best facilitate the relationship between YML and our clients in any given situation
- Ability to manage and set client expectations. The Director of Client Strategy combines client needs and our own abilities to figure out the best way to conceive and deliver work with a lasting impact
- Strong strategic thinker, with the drive to be a trusted partner and adviser to the client on their business, brand, and customer experience strategy. Can both develop strategies and lead strategy development — a deep understanding of the client’s customers, competitors, the marketplace, and business challenges
- Identifies client’s business needs and works with both the client and the various YML teams to understand, define, and build effective and innovative solutions that generate measurable results
- 10+ years experience minimum practicing software program, project, product, account management for a digital agency, technology, or media company
- 7+ years of client executive experience with primary accountability for peer-level client relationships at the C-level
- Ability to manage long-term, multi-million dollar engagements with multiple project tracks and teams
- Blue-chip client management experience required
- Strong understanding of emerging technologies and trends in web and mobile
- Experience leading teams with multiple discipline representation (especially product, creative, and technology)
- Proven track record of guiding teams and clients towards delivering elegant products
YOUR IDEAL MINDSET
- Excellence — Do right by the work. Our work defines us. If it’s not world-class, then neither are we. We each live our craft, we never settle and we own the outcome. And by doing so, we strive to build the best, first-of-a-kind experiences for our clients and most importantly their customers.
- Service — Do right by our clients. Our clients choose us because they like us. Relationships really do matter. We create an enjoyable, high-touch experience for our clients. We prioritize collaboration over negotiation, and, by doing so we lift our clients to new heights.
- Heart — Do right by each other. Show some love and have some heart. Our people are the number one ingredient that makes us who we are, and we believe in absolute fairness, respect, and accountability, at all levels. It’s no secret, when we do right by you, you do right by us.
6 continents, 26 languages, 1 team
- We’re proud to not just preach diversity, but employ a truly diverse team. We’re intentional about bringing in people with different cultural backgrounds and perspectives because it is the best way to build products for the masses and promote the power of diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- YML is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.