Human Resources Director
Greater Bengaluru Area, IN
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 500+ strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our team in Bangalore is close to 500+ strong, and we are growing in a variety of ways as we strive to achieve a culture of excellence.
Our Engineering group ensures YML delivers first-class web & mobile products that delight our clients and their customers. Working in collaboration with our engineering, design and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems.
Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and process/organizational improvements. Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
People Success Vision
Enable YML to be a great place to work with focus on people philosophy and bringing in best in class people practices to create a culture of growth and learning. This role will lead the charter for People Success and manage Onboarding, HRBP, L&D, HR Compliance, Compensation & Benefits, Payroll & Offboarding as a function.
● Identifying key performance indicators for all HR functions and driving continuous improvement across KPIs and metrics.
● Enduring that the India HR teams are fully staffed with a high-performing, diverse group of talent experts to support organizational growth and maturation.
● Collaborating with other India Leadership team and the Global Team to review best practices and execute new projects and strategies.
● Ensuring all India offices are maintained and equipped to service business needs by collaborating with internal & External partners.
● Creating a deep understanding of HR solutions to ensure HR meets current and future demands.
● Developing meaningful relationships with key stakeholders and managing internal communications to ensure the team is aware of all events, company updates, client updates and systems and processes.
● Driving HRBPs charter to ensure we are continually developing our team members to meet business needs and facilitate career development, wellness & Engagement
● Design & execute a competitive, equitable and transparent compensation strategy
● Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource legal requirements.
● Managing the annual HR operating budget.
● Working closely with the Employer Brand Specialist to establish programs and initiatives to enhance brand awareness and solidify GeoComply’s position as the #1 destination for talent.
● Partner with Finance to drive annual compensation review cycles
● Oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures, using and improving HR existing and recommended systems and processes
● Support departments in the development and delivery of strategic HR plans to fit with the overall business direction
● Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
● Build strong relationships with external suppliers, fostering trust and promoting collaboration
● Handle confidential matters with discretion
● Strategize and execute on creating a culture of Learning & Development for YML India.
● Drive the GPTW mandate for YML India
What we are looking for
● Minimum 12-15 years of professional experience, including a track record of managing multi-faceted HR and global teams to achieve ambitious goals.
● Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a high-growth, fast-paced environment and manage complex initiatives, deadlines and competing priorities, ideally with experience taking a leading role for a 400-500 HC company.
● Extreme attention to detail with a strong preference for erring on the side of caution.
● In-depth knowledge of HRBP, Payroll, Employment Standards
● Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
● Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
● Ability to work with teams across various offices, providing a high level of support across different cultures and perspectives.
● Highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient.
● Experience using HRIS tools is an asset.
● Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution
● Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems
● Familiarity with HR software and working knowledge of MS Office.