Senior Product Designer (remote)
United States, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 500 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (full remote positions available).
As a Senior Designer, you will collaborate with a Creative Director or Design Lead to create products and experiences that delight our clients and their customers. Your strategic understanding and hands-on design skills are critical to the direction and success of some of our best, most high-profile work. You will help lead the design process to create exceptional designs that deliver outstanding results.
This role is key to shaping design direction and development. We are what we make, and your design expertise and “cando” attitude will be critical to our ongoing success.
This position reports to an ACD or CD.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Partner with multi-discipline teams to help identify user needs, define product strategy.
- Create exceptional, comprehensive design systems for a digital product or experience.
- Develop compelling design content for pitches and presentations.
- Convincingly present designs for a product/experience to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Actively participate as part of a team to create compelling prototypes and presentations.
- Oversee parts of the project process to ensure high-quality design at every phase.
- Play an active role in developing best-in-class product design practices.
- Mentor designers to reach their maximum potential and do their best work.
- A world-class portfolio of distinctive digital product/experience designs.
- Demonstrable mastery of digital design and prototyping skills.
- Experience designing for high-profile brands.
YOUR IDEAL MINDSET
- Excellence — Do right by the work. Our work defines us. If it’s not world-class, then neither are we. We each live our craft, we never settle and we own the outcome. And by doing so, we strive to build the best, first-of-a-kind experiences for our clients and most importantly their customers.
- Service — Do right by our clients. Our clients choose us because they like us. Relationships really do matter. We create an enjoyable, high-touch experience for our clients. We prioritize collaboration over negotiation, and, by doing so we lift our clients to new heights.
- Heart — Do right by each other. Show some love and have some heart. Our people are the number one ingredient that makes us who we are, and we believe in absolute fairness, respect, and accountability, at all levels. It’s no secret, when we do right by you, you do right by us.
6 continents, 26 languages, 1 team
- We’re proud to not just preach diversity, but employ a truly diverse team. We’re intentional about bringing in people with different cultural backgrounds and perspectives because it is the best way to build products for the masses and promote the power of diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- YML is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.