Greater Bengaluru Area, IN
Y Media Labs is a creative technology company that helps brands re-imagine their customer experiences. Our mission is to export the Silicon Valley mindset to the rest of the world.
We create digital products with purpose that have a lasting impact on users' lives and clients' businesses. We are a team of dreamers and doers united by a simple idea: If we make a difference for your customers, we will make a difference for your business too. And it works. Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to "wow" their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. The Wall Street Journal calls us “YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley.”
Through next-generation technologies and world-class design, we help brands like Apple, PayPal, L'Oreal, Home Depot, Kaiser Permanente, State Farm, First Republic Bank etc develop solutions that drive major business outcomes. Founded in 2009, Y Media Labs is headquartered in Silicon Valley with four offices worldwide including Atlanta, Indianapolis, Bangalore & Sao Paulo. We came of age with the invention of the app store. We have mobile in our DNA. We create solutions across the digital ecosystem. Unlike agencies who are born desktop, we are deeply connected to how consumer perception has shifted thanks to the mobile lifestyle. We have built and launched 207 products, delighted over 407 million users, built over 200+ apps, work with 30 Fortune 500 clients, been responsible for over 400 billion transactions through our work and generated over $200 billion in transactions for our clients, and been featured on the app store over 700+ times!
Portfolio of our work can be found @ ymedialabs.com/work
Live look into our engineering team @medium.com/ymedialabs-innovation
Live look into our design team @ dribbble.com/ymedialabs
Our team in Bangalore is close to 500+ strong, and we are growing in a variety of ways. Our goals include a culture of excellence and we are looking to transform the team to be one of the best tech teams in Bangalore.
We are looking to hire a Staff Engineer – iOS to help us build world class apps. We are looking for a true expert-level iOS geek – we really mean it! If you are an iOS expert aspiring to build next-generation apps that will be used by millions of consumers, help create products for brands that you can be proud to show to your family and friends – you need to join us!
This position reports to: Director of Engineering
What you will be doing:
● Be the thought leader to the team on iOS technologies and help build world-class mobile products
● Continuously improve engineering standards, processes, planning, solutions, and efficiency.
● Be involved in the conceptual and definition phase of projects.
● Guide and Lead a team of iOS engineers in successfully executing projects.
● Mentor and coach a team of iOS engineers to create a world-class mobile team
● Make technical decisions that align with business goals.
● Navigate ambiguity and provide clarity and vision to the team and stakeholders.
● Be part of business development activities to help define and size projects, identify tech stacks, create estimates and identify engineering risks and complexities. Interact and be involved with tech and product teams on the client side to evaluate, debate and decide technology approaches and strategy during the pitch/proposal stage.
● Work on all aspects of mobile applications, including implementation of the design wireframes, animation/motion, business logic, interfaces to the backend APIs, incorporating analytics & accessibility, performance and security.
● Work with the UI/UX designers, product and bridge the gap between Client requirements, graphical design and back-end interfaces.
● Collaborate with clients during the project on various engineering aspects of the project execution.
● Drive engineering excellence by enforcing regular code reviews, continuous integration, high test code coverage and optimising the same on an ongoing basis.
● Drive the development task estimates along with risk identification.
● Build reusable architecture and libraries for future use
● Evaluate technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
● Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
● Create prototypes and POCs for internal and client use
● Stay updated on the latest mobile technologies and bring new ideas and innovations to the projects. Write and publish articles and case studies on YML websites and blogs on various engineering and related topics.
● Work with multiple teams and contribute to multiple projects parallelly.
What You Will NOT Be Doing:
You must be an iOS geek who wants to be full-time in-depth on code and technology without looking to or aspiring to manage people or projects.
Experience with working on consumer-facing applications that serve millions.
● 12+ yrs. of hands-on experience building complex, high-quality iOS applications used by large user bases worldwide, with experience maintaining such apps in production.
● Experience in developing apps for iOS, Watch OS and TV OS.
● Proficient in Swift, Objective-C, iOS native frameworks.
● In-depth understanding of the iOS SDK internals and how to optimize for performance and data usage (async operations/thread safety).
● Strong knowledge of iOS app design principles, patterns such as MVVM, VIPER, and MVVM-C and best practices.
● Strong understanding of SOLID principles and CLEAN architectures.
● Expert-level experience in developing and debugging complex and custom UI layouts and interactions.
● Strong knowledge of security practices for storing data, data protection, keychain, data transportation and end-to-end encryptions.
● Familiarity with caching strategies for both in-memory and disk. Extensive working knowledge of ORMs like Core Data, Realm and other databases..
● In-depth knowledge of concurrency and thread safety. Ability to design, implement and debug large-scale multi-threaded applications.
● Deep understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms and understanding of how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
● Experience writing unit tests and automated tests for iOS applications.
● Good understanding of programming paradigms like functional, reactive and declarative programming.
● Experience in designing and developing frameworks and libraries.
● Good understanding of REST APIs. You are able to recommend API contracts and optimize API calls in the app.
● Experienced with CI/CD and build/release tooling. Familiar with XCode Cloud, Fastlane, CircleCI, Github Actions.
● Experience in driving estimates for development tasks
● Experience with setting up and driving development best practices like code reviews, automated unit tests and continuous integration.
● Experience working closely with design teams and understanding of tools like Figma, Zeplin etc. ● Experience in working with business development and client engagement teams in the RFP/pitch/proposal stage of projects.
● Good Analytical, Problem-solving and Debugging skills.
● Experience working with clients and teams in the US is a must
● Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
● Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Able to listen and learn from as well as explain complex ideas to stakeholders of varying levels of technical expertise