Staff Engineer – Frontend
What you will be doing:
• Be the thought leader to the team on Frontend technologies and help build world class web products using state of the art web technologies.
• Be involved in the conceptual and definition phase of projects.
• Guide and Lead a team of front end engineers in the successful execution of projects.
• Mentor and coach a team of front end engineers to create a world class front end team
• Be part of business development activities to help define and size projects, identify tech stacks, create estimates and identify engineering risks and complexities. Interact and be involved with tech and product teams on the client-side to evaluate, debate and decide technology approaches and strategy during the pitch/proposal stage.
• Work on all aspects of web products, including implementation of the design wireframes, animation/motion, business logic, interfaces to the backend APIs, incorporating analytics & SEO, performance and security.
• Work with the UI/UX designers, product and bridge the gap between Client requirement, graphical design and back end interfaces.
• Collaborate with clients during the project on various aspects of the engineering aspects of the project execution.
• Drive engineering excellence by enforcing regular code reviews, continuous integration, high test code coverage and optimise the same on an ongoing basis. • Drive the development task estimates along with risk identification. • Build reusable architecture and libraries for future use
• Evaluate technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Create prototypes and POCs for internal and client use
• Stay updated in the state of the art in web technologies and bring new ideas and innovations to the projects. Write and publish articles and case studies on YML websites and blogs on various engineering and related topics.
• Monitor website performance and help identify front-end-related issues to optimise performance.
What You Will NOT Be Doing:
• Leading/Managing teams
• Project/Program management.
• Experience working with MVVM, MVP, MVC patterns
• Expert level experience with web-markup, including HTML5, CSS3 with a keen eye for UI design and usability
• Experience with coding complex animations, motion, fluid interfaces is a must-have experience
• Strong experience in SEO and Analytics and best practices for building high impact consumer facing web products.
• Experience in driving estimates for development tasks
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Experience in troubleshooting and solving UI performance issues
• Experience with setting up and driving development best practices like code reviews, automated unit tests and continuous integration.
• Experience working closely with design teams and understanding of tools like Figma, Zeplin etc.
• Experience in working with business development and client engagement teams in the RFP/pitch/proposal stage of projects.
• Experience in training, mentoring, coaching and challenging engineers to help build high-performance teams. We are not looking for a lone-wolf.
• Good Analytical, Problem solving and Debugging skills.
• Experience working with clients and teams in the US is a must
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Impeccably strong written and oral communication.
Nice to Have:
• Mobile app technologies such as React Native, Flutter
• Experience with PWA and SPAs