Director of Content Strategy
United States, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 500 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (full remote positions available).
Copy & Content is the creation of written, imagery, video, audio content that motivates action and tells a brand’s or product moment’s story (e.g. on-boarding) in creative ways.
As a Director of Content Strategy, you will compel clients and their customers with creative ideas, storytelling and copywriting, improving the YML work product with creative concepts and exceptional execution. You will help lead high-profile client engagements, and multi-discipline creative team(s) to deliver world-class results. As a member of our executive leadership team, you will help develop the strategic direction of the company, and help lead the content strategy department — providing the inspiration, the tools, and the learning opportunities we need to create extraordinary products and experiences that have a lasting impact.
This role is key to shaping the future for YML and our clients. We are on an exciting growth trajectory and your creativity, vision and infectious entrepreneurialism will be critical to our ongoing success.
This position reports to the Chief Creative Officer.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Co-create the content strategy vision for a single, large client or multiple small to medium clients.
- Lead multi-discipline teams to turn strategic vision into content direction, scripts, and storyboards.
- Present work at all stages and get ‘buy-in’ from internal stakeholders and senior clients.
- Direct the creative process to ensure high-quality outcomes from strategy to execution.
- Partner with department leads to drive innovation and creative caliber across the company.
- Grow our revenue by leading big pitches and expanding the scope of current clients.
- Help lead the agency and the design team, inspiring a culture of ideas and innovation.
- Manage and mentor our leaders to grow and do the best work of their careers.
- A world-class portfolio of content strategy work for world-class brands.
- Experience leading multi-discipline teams at a top-tier product company or digital agency.
- Proven success growing clients, leading pitches and winning new business.
- Thought leadership and a future-forward perspective on design and technology.
YOUR IDEAL MINDSET
- Excellence — Do right by the work. Our work defines us. If it’s not world-class, then neither are we. We each live our craft, we never settle and we own the outcome. And by doing so, we strive to build the best, first-of-a-kind experiences for our clients and most importantly their customers.
- Service — Do right by our clients. Our clients choose us because they like us. Relationships really do matter. We create an enjoyable, high-touch experience for our clients. We prioritize collaboration over negotiation, and, by doing so we lift our clients to new heights.
- Heart — Do right by each other. Show some love and have some heart. Our people are the number one ingredient that makes us who we are, and we believe in absolute fairness, respect, and accountability, at all levels. It’s no secret, when we do right by you, you do right by us.
6 continents, 26 languages, 1 team
- We’re proud to not just preach diversity, but employ a truly diverse team. We’re intentional about bringing in people with different cultural backgrounds and perspectives because it is the best way to build products for the masses and promote the power of diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- YML is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.