United States, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 500 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (full remote positions available).
Our client strategy group drives client growth and a thought leadership mindset through intelligent product discussions with our clients. They are able to guide clients to the best decisions that drive impact for their users, as well as be a source of knowledge for our program management team in key client moments. Focused on being an advocate for the client within YML, and ultimately work together to build digital products that solve the brand’s customer’s needs and pain points.
As the Client Strategy team at YML, we focus on the insights at the interception of the brand, the customer, and the competition. We build strong, understanding, and trusted partnerships because we prioritize the hard conversations that enable us to earn our client’s trust. And we work hard to achieve high Client & Employee satisfaction because we actively participate in project activities and deliverables to meet our clients’ objectives.
This position reports to our SVP of Client Strategy.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- The Client Partner is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical leadership for a portfolio of business totaling $15+MM; and serve as the senior partner and confidant for clients as well as internal cross-disciplinary teams to ensure the quality of relationship and work product
- As the “ultimate” advisor to the client, the Client Partner must align the client’s expectations and YML’s deliverables in a way that will support the client's success and outcomes that are meaningful to them
- You are responsible for developing, executing, and refining a high-level strategy to ensure profitability for existing business, which includes interacting with the client to develop and grow the relationships, negotiate contracts, and come to an agreement on the scope and estimated costs of projects
- Utilizing account management, account growth, and leadership of cross-functional teams to develop approaches and targets that meet the business goals of our clients
- Showcase the ability to develop an overall engagement strategy and work with department heads, discipline leads, and project teams to execute plans
- The Client Partner could manage a team of (Senior) Directors, Client Strategy who are responsible for day-to-day account operations and relationship management. You would consistently demonstrate excellent team management skills and operational/business management capabilities in order to drive successful engagements.
- Management of portfolio profitability; working with our (Senior) Directors, Client Strategy to develop and negotiate statements of work, and ensuring the work is delivered on budget
- Working with our (Senior) Director, Client Strategy teams to ensure account work is projected accurately and effectively; and efficiently planned and staffed with all deliverables are prioritized accordingly
- Constantly working to expand contacts with key client executives and maintain strong post-engagement relationships while introducing new opportunities accordingly
- Leading strategic development of new business pitches from RFP response to closing accounts including MSA and contract negotiations; therefore showcasing your strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful documents+presentations
- Ability to identify needs that the client may not recognize and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Demonstrating your passion for the digital space, creative work, and developing amazing user experiences
- Exhibiting thought leadership in technology, services, and business trends that directly and indirectly impact the outcomes of the customer and our organization
- 20+ years of experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects with top-tier digital product agencies or consulting firms (including mobile strategy, design, and development projects)
- 10+ years of client executive experience with primary accountability for peer-level client relationships at the C-level
- Experience leading teams with multiple discipline representation (especially product, creative, and technology)
- Must have a strong understanding and thought leadership in technology, services, and business trends their direct and indirect impacts on the outcomes of the customer and our organization; strong digital mobile development & digital landscape understanding is a must
- A proven record of building and maintaining long-term relationships at senior (CXO and CXO-1) levels. They must be comfortable presenting to C-level executives, and senior business and technology leaders, and must be persuasive and influential
- Ability to manage a client P&L of at least $15+ million dollars, including reporting and metric assessment for the account
- Must be able to navigate a large organization, work in a multi-dimensional matrix and have the power of persuasion through content and confidence
- Strong executive presence and gravitas, with demonstrated capabilities of being a thought leader
- Frequent travel may be required to be with clients at key moments & milestones
YOUR IDEAL MINDSET
- Excellence — Do right by the work. Our work defines us. If it’s not world-class, then neither are we. We each live our craft, we never settle and we own the outcome. And by doing so, we strive to build the best, first-of-a-kind experiences for our clients and most importantly their customers.
- Service — Do right by our clients. Our clients choose us because they like us. Relationships really do matter. We create an enjoyable, high-touch experience for our clients. We prioritize collaboration over negotiation, and, by doing so we lift our clients to new heights.
- Heart — Do right by each other. Show some love and have some heart. Our people are the number one ingredient that makes us who we are, and we believe in absolute fairness, respect, and accountability, at all levels. It’s no secret, when we do right by you, you do right by us.
6 continents, 26 languages, 1 team
- We’re proud to not just preach diversity, but employ a truly diverse team. We’re intentional about bringing in people with different cultural backgrounds and perspectives because it is the best way to build products for the masses and promote the power of diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- YML is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.