United States, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (full remote positions available).
Our solutions architect / technical product owner group inspires the engineering team towards solutions that have a lasting impact. Focused on defining technical solutions for omnichannel customer experiences that impact millions of customers.
Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and process/organizational improvements. Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
This role will report to our Director of Engineering.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Building product strategy with a strong technology mindset
- Work closely with the business team in their pitch and proposals through user research and evaluating emerging technologies to foster innovation in shaping product ideas
- Lead Product Definition phase by driving user research, story mapping, technical feasibility study to generate solutions for client’s problems/user needs
- Define, develop, and execute product roadmap through till delivery by ruthlessly prioritizing the backlog
- Leverage analytics and user research to envision and propose product improvements
- Define, analyze, and communicate product metrics to guide new features and enhancements
- Serve as the Scrum Product Owner for development teams, including all responsibilities like roadmap definition, feature prioritization, story writing with detailed acceptance criteria
- A highly talented and driven software architect with 10+ years of overall software development experience and 5 years acting as a software architect / technical product owner
- Technical background in building mobile/cloud/ML/AI/SaaS products and bring own point of view in proposing the solutions to client requirements
- Proven experience defining product strategy from scratch with implementation success
- Act as product evangelist with deep curiosity on technology trends and being able to go deep into technology and relate technical enhancements to build a product vision
- Groom and prioritize the work in the backlog according to business value
- Experience using workshop techniques to foster story mapping and ideation sessions
- Ability to use story splitting techniques to break larger stories and deliver in small increments
- Has excellent analytical and communication skills with proven ability to influence and negotiate with clients and internal stakeholders
- Experience with cloud ecosystem or related technologies
YOUR IDEAL MINDSET
- Excellence — Do right by the work. Our work defines us. If it’s not world-class, then neither are we. We each live our craft, we never settle and we own the outcome. And by doing so, we strive to build the best, first-of-a-kind experiences for our clients and most importantly their customers.
- Service — Do right by our clients. Our clients choose us because they like us. Relationships really do matter. We create an enjoyable, high-touch experience for our clients. We prioritize collaboration over negotiation, and, by doing so we lift our clients to new heights.
- Heart — Do right by each other. Show some love and have some heart. Our people are the number one ingredient that makes us who we are, and we believe in absolute fairness, respect, and accountability, at all levels. It’s no secret, when we do right by you, you do right by us.
6 continents, 26 languages, 1 team
- We’re proud to not just preach diversity, but employ a truly diverse team. We’re intentional about bringing in people with different cultural backgrounds and perspectives because it is the best way to build products for the masses and promote the power of diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- YML is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.