Technical Project Manager
Greater Bengaluru Area, IN
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 400+ strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our program management group drives a seamless product delivery that will delight our clients and their customers. Working in collaboration with our engineering, design and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems. You are a passionate advocate for software quality, its role in our society and its relationship to technology. You possess outstanding project management skills, ability to lead a multidimensional program(s) within a brand ecosystem, and a solid understanding of contemporary tools and product methodologies.
As a leader throughout the project life cycle, you are focal to the impact of the engagement. You facilitate various project workshops and processes enabling a cross-functional effort that will bring an exceptionally high-quality product and experience to consumers.
- This role will focus on planning, directing, and coordinating projects from initiation through to implementation
- Clearly defining project roles & responsibilities, escalation paths, and ownership
- Actively participating in project scope, sizing, and resource requirements
- Facilitating scrum ceremonies with the project team and establish various touchpoints with internal stakeholders and clients to communicate clear status
- Co-ordinate with global Program and Project Managers for sprint scope and overall release scope
- Coordinating and supervising, supporting, and coordinating the project team members/staff with regards to project deliverables
- Contribute in the know-how of debriefing technical aspects of requirements and being able to explain
- Tracking project deliveries using agile project management tools
- Allocate and monitor SOW deliverables by scheduling tasks and tracking progress to delivery milestones, adhering to process compliance in producing the release level artifacts, and reviewing deliverables
- Manage Risks and Dependencies
- Managing the design of the project documents to monitor project performance and data stored
- Reporting on project progress and communicate relevant information to Program Manager and leadership team
- Contribute to team building and resolve or escalate team conflicts with engineering manager
- Track daily progress and ensure slippages are controlled, managed and reported
- Conduct defect triage workshops to improve on product quality
- Co-ordinate with product owner and scrum teams in preparation for sprint planning in order to set the team for success. Document and publish sprint delivery schedules and timelines
- Manage Scope by: capturing all elements in scope item, whether charging additional to the customer or not
- Keeping a signed off Change Order document for each chargeable scope item
- Focus on value delivered to the customer and constantly work with client engagement and product managers
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering , or prior experience in software development or QA engineering
- 8+ years of overall experience with 4 years actively as Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives from the clients’ perspective as well as challenges and support the team on their deliverables
- Prior experience directly interacting with or working with clients across the world is a must
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills is a must
- Strong experience working with colleagues and stakeholders in the US
- PMI PMP/ACP Certificate / Scrum Master certification is a plus
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software development
- Track record of championing agile practices and identifying right framework that can be adopted by agile teams
- Experience in managing and tracking team velocity and other KPIs in relation to the project
- Experience in risk management of complex projects
- Experience in dealing with ambiguous and uncertain situations. Must be able to demonstrate past track record
- Experience reporting project budgets and tracking burn
- Experience using Rally/Jira/Azure Devops agile delivery tools
- Proven track record of working independently and making key decisions
- Ability to influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging the status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Facilitate team building, roles and responsibilities and alignment workshops
- Must have a pleasant and polished demeanor
- Aspiring Leader — you are both an emerging team leader and a team player
- Process-driven — You believe in creating and improving processes that work correctly for a given project, following the process, and ensuring that any modifications are vetted, communicated, and followed
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, believes in searching for answers and is an endless problem solver
- Communicative — You are a master communicator: you make your point clearly and concisely, knowing what points to highlight depending on your audience
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback, and you are not afraid to push back when you need to defend the team
- Realist — Overpromising and underdelivering are not part of your vocabulary. Knowing how to manage realistic expectations and meeting or exceeding them is what drives your behavior
- Passionate — You love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in the shaping future