United States, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 500 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (full remote positions available).
Our product group inspires our team to create experiences that have a lasting impact. We’re thought leaders on the frontiers of human design, on the bleeding edge of culture & technology. We uncover insights that shine a light on new opportunity areas for innovation and guide our work toward powerful new solutions. Expert storytellers, our strategy team architects inspiring and clear visions that move teams toward the most promising outcomes.
In short, our strategists help our team imagine the future of the human experience.
This role will report to Director of Product & Strategy.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Influencing product decisions and validating choices
- Conversion of client requirements to user stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Prioritizing stories
- Decide & guide on sprint creation
- Experiment and A/B test different experiences to learn fast and iterate
- Customer feedback analysis & validation of the hypothesis
- The bridge between the Client & all internal cross-functional teams on all things product
- Analysis of events from analytics tools like Firebase & come up with suggestions on improvements in usability & features
- Velocity is an essential component behind this role
- At least 3 years experience in product management driving successful product launches and leading A/B tests & KPI setting to prove that success
- Understand the vision of the product from the client’s point of view, end-users or any stakeholders
- Determines customers' needs & desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Recommends the nature & scope of present & future product lines by reviewing product specifications & requirements; appraising new product ideas or packaging changes
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products
- Define & Align the Category & brand portfolio strategy to deliver growth ambition
- Create a product road map for each Business to deliver the client promise & reinforce the client positioning
- Track brand equity understand strengths & weaknesses & take corrective actions
- Strong analytical market research skills
YOUR IDEAL MINDSET
- Excellence — Do right by the work. Our work defines us. If it’s not world-class, then neither are we. We each live our craft, we never settle and we own the outcome. And by doing so, we strive to build the best, first-of-a-kind experiences for our clients and most importantly their customers.
- Service — Do right by our clients. Our clients choose us because they like us. Relationships really do matter. We create an enjoyable, high-touch experience for our clients. We prioritize collaboration over negotiation, and, by doing so we lift our clients to new heights.
- Heart — Do right by each other. Show some love and have some heart. Our people are the number one ingredient that makes us who we are, and we believe in absolute fairness, respect, and accountability, at all levels. It’s no secret, when we do right by you, you do right by us.
6 continents, 26 languages, 1 team
- We’re proud to not just preach diversity, but employ a truly diverse team. We’re intentional about bringing in people with different cultural backgrounds and perspectives because it is the best way to build products for the masses and promote the power of diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- YML is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.