Software Engineer, Web
Greater Bengaluru Area, IN
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
Our team in Bangalore is close to 250+ strong, and we are growing in a variety of ways. Our goals include a culture of excellence and we are looking to transform the team to be one of the best tech teams in Bangalore. We are looking to hire an experienced Ionic developer to join our team. You will be working with our engineers to develop and maintain high quality Ionic applications. If you're passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you. As an Ionic developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment. You will be producing robust, scalable mobile applications that optimize performance and improve user experience.
We are looking to hire multiple Web Frontend Engineers at various levels. If you are excited about building lightning-fast and responsive web products with the latest web technologies that will be used by millions of consumers worldwide, building products for brands that you can be proud to show to your family and friends – you need to join us!
This position reports to an Engineering Manager.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Focus on the delivery of web application development projects with a heavy emphasis on responsive behavior.
- Work on all aspects of web products, including implementation of the design wireframes, animation/motion, business logic, interfaces to the backend APIs, incorporating analytics & SEO, performance and security.
- Work with the UI/UX designers, product and bridge the gap between Client requirement, graphical design and back end interfaces.
- Take an active role in how the application looks as well as how it works • Set a very high personal bar for code quality
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Evaluate technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Create prototypes and POCs for internal and client use
- Stay updated in the state of the art in web technologies and bring new ideas and innovations to the projects
- Monitor website performance and rectifying front-end-related issues.
- Communicate technical issues in an understandable manner to the team and clients.
- Provide troubleshooting support to clients.
- Manual and automated unit testing to identify bugs and technical issues before and after deploying.
- Working with MVVM, MVP, MVC patterns
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 with a keen eye for UI design and usability
- Experience with coding complex animations, motion, fluid interfaces
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience writing and maintaining automated unit-tests, functional tests
- Experience with creating and working with CI/CD pipelines
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as (Git / Bitbucket)
- Basic understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Strong Analytical, problem solving and Debugging skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while achieving benchmarks
- Experience with Browser Dev Tools
- Strong written and oral communication.
NICE TO HAVE
- Mobile app technologies such as React Native, Flutter
- Experience with PWA and SPAs
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience working with clients and teams in the US
- Education – B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA (IT/Computer Science)
- Years of Exp – 4-8 yrs.
- Technical Advocate — you are both an advocate for the user and product quality
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research and is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future