Lead Product Manager
San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (full remote positions available).
Our product group inspires our team to create experiences that have a lasting impact. We’re thought leaders on the frontiers of human design, on the bleeding edge of culture & technology. We uncover insights that shine a light on new opportunity areas for innovation and guide our work toward powerful new solutions. Expert storytellers, our strategy team architects inspiring and clear visions that move teams toward the most promising outcomes.
In short, our strategists help our team imagine the future of the human experience.
This role will report to Director of Product & Strategy.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Lead clients toward powerful solutions. Leveraging IQ and EQ to earn trust and become thought leader partners for a portfolio of key accounts.
- Combine customer understanding, data, and industry/market/business analysis to create unique views on the problem statement, customer needs, opportunity areas, and solution territories that will provide the highest value to customers and to our client's business.
- Structure, develop and conduct customer research to help round out our understanding of the customer need
- Assess the business value and develop goals and KPIs sizing potential opportunities and impact as needed
- Develop testing methods, at all stages of strategic and creative development, from opportunity mapping through concept testing, usability, and multi-variant testing to analytics assessment.
- Craft compelling presentations that effectively deliver a strategic point of view, those that are equal parts artful inspiration and scientific discipline.
- Develop frameworks for clients to prioritize experience and product elements.
- In partnership with UX and Creative, co-develop and lead client workshops in new and inspiring ways.
- Elevate the reputation of YML with distinctive perspectives on the industry and culture. Contribute to industry-leading research, white papers, and speaking engagements.
- Deep knowledge developing world-class digital experience and product strategy
- Strong track record working for top-tier brands at world-class agencies, with particular depth in categories that represent complex customer experiences, such as healthcare, financial services, or retail.
- Strong case studies of strategies that led to breakthrough creative and highly effective outcomes.
- 5-10 years digital experience / 2 – 3 years in a lead position
YOUR IDEAL MINDSET
- Excellence — Do right by the work. Our work defines us. If it’s not world-class, then neither are we. We each live our craft, we never settle and we own the outcome. And by doing so, we strive to build the best, first-of-a-kind experiences for our clients and most importantly their customers.
- Service — Do right by our clients. Our clients choose us because they like us. Relationships really do matter. We create an enjoyable, high-touch experience for our clients. We prioritize collaboration over negotiation, and, by doing so we lift our clients to new heights.
- Heart — Do right by each other. Show some love and have some heart. Our people are the number one ingredient that makes us who we are, and we believe in absolute fairness, respect, and accountability, at all levels. It’s no secret, when we do right by you, you do right by us.
6 continents, 32 countries, 26 languages, 1 team
- We’re proud to not just preach diversity, but employ a truly diverse team. We’re intentional about bringing in people with different cultural backgrounds and perspectives because it is the best way to build products for the masses and promote the power of diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- YML is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.