Software Developer In Test (SDET)
Greater Bengaluru Area, IN
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 400+ strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our team in Bangalore is close to 200+ strong, and we are growing in a variety of ways as we strive to achieve a culture of excellence.
Our Engineering group ensures YML delivers first-class web & mobile products that delight our clients and their customers. Working in collaboration with our engineering, design and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems.
Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and process/organizational improvements. Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
- Development, testing, deployment of automation frameworks and test cases in both device and cloud testing environments
- Review requirements, stories, technical specifications and create test plans and test cases
- Code review of code written by other automation engineers
- Own end to end quality of product features, including any manual testing, as required
- Work closely with Product Owner, Project Manager and Technical Leads to define the acceptance criteria for each project milestone and to prove meeting the criteria
- Configure, run and monitor any cloud and/or devops environments related to automation and project
- Raise risks as and when they are spotted within the team, and create and implement mitigation plans
- Be a Strong team player who can contribute to overall success of the team and deliverables
- Perform exploratory testing on the products, in addition to following the test plan, as required
- Able to contribute to automation of non-functional requirements including Security, Performance, Accessibility, as required
- You must currently be in a role spending close to 100% of your time coding / developing automation frameworks
- 6+ years of experience in software development roles
- 3+ years of hardcode automation development only experience is mandatory. Experience as a team lead, scrum master, or other non-development roles is not a good fit for this position
- 2+ years of experience of working in an agile team that uses Scrum or Kanban is mandatory
- You need to be a strong Java developer
- Strong Experience in Appium, TestNG and Perfecto is highly preferred and will be a major advantage for selection
- Experience with one or more automation frameworks is mandatory. • Experience with API testing using tools like Postman is mandatory
- Experience with tools like Git, Jenkins is preferred
- Sound understanding of Software Testing Process, its various stages and roles of the tester during different stages is mandatory
- Experience testing consumer facing and enterprise applications is preferred
- Understanding of CI/CD processes and knowledge on devops is preferred
- Good understanding of Cloud services like AWS, Azure is an advantage
- Hands on experience using project management tools like JIRA, QTest for logging defects, creating test plans, creating test cases and reports
- Flexible enough to work in a dynamic environment
- Self-motivated, creative and proactive to work successfully in a fast-paced environment aimed at delivering builds on time.
- Experience working with colleagues in the US is a major advantage
- Good understanding of usability and user experience quality criterion with a thought process to figure out user pain points is preferred
- Technical Advocate — you are both an advocate for the user and product quality
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research and is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future