Greater Bengaluru Area, IN
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 400+ strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our team in Bangalore is close to 200+ strong, and we are growing in a variety of ways as we strive to achieve a culture of excellence.
Our Engineering group ensures YML delivers first-class web & mobile products that delight our clients and their customers. Working in collaboration with our engineering, design and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems.
Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and process/organizational improvements. Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
- Design and build advanced high-quality applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Code reviews, automated unit testing, documentation for any code you write
- Deal with ambiguity and work in a rapidly evolving environment, with time-sensitive projects
- Deadlines matter to us. Plan your work and meet your deadlines, while maintaining code quality
- Get involved in client interactions and gathering project requirements
- Lead product initiatives and work on next generation prototypes
- Work with other engineers, product management, QA, and operations teams to develop and meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Work in an environment of agile, test-driven fast feedback cycle (continuous integration, unit, functional, integration and acceptance testing)
- Learn and adapt to new technologies
- Bring new ideas and technologies to the team that can improve the product or process
- Depending on your level of skills and maturity (not seniority), mentor other engineers
- Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms, and software engineering principles
- Passionate about creating great code
- Proficient with Swift and/or Objective-C
- Understanding of end to end mobile development life cycle
- Experience with latest iOS frameworks
- Experience with databases like Realm, Coredata etc.
- Experience with third-party libraries and Cocoapods
- Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms
- Solid Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments
- Experience coding with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Great team player who works well in collaborative situations
- Experience with Android app development or cross platform tools would be a major plus
- Experience with tools like Git, Jira, Basecamp, BitBucket, Azure DevOps would be an advantage
- Good to have experience working with IOT projects, Bluetooth technologies
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends & emerging technologies
- Active Open Source, GitHub or Stack Overflow contribution will be a big plus
- Published personal apps in play store will be an added advantage
- Technical Advocate — you are both an advocate for the user and product quality
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research and is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future