Los Angeles, California, United States, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (full remote positions available).
You will compel clients and their customers with creative ideas, storytelling, and improving the YML work product with creative concepts and exceptional execution to ultimately tell a brand’s or product moment’s story (e.g. on-boarding) in creative ways
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Manage the creative process from pitch to post-production to bring the creative vision to life in a timely & effective manner; including participating in the project briefing phase/ early stages of development
- Balance creative innovation and production execution; switching between left-brain to right-brain creative production
- Partner closely with the physical production team to help manage creative production costs
- Liaise with teams to inform them of their spend and make adjustments based on creative or budgetary constraints
- Ensure post-production edit and final execution through a brand lens
- 7+ years of experience within a production environment; ideally former experience working with an in-house production team at a creative or advertising agency
- Post-production experience or editing/motion graphics work samples
- Prior employment as a creative or content producer, strategist, and/or program manager
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience balancing multiple projects at once, setting workback schedules, and prioritizing
- Digital marketing expertise and extensive knowledge of the inner workings of the entertainment industry
YOUR IDEAL MINDSET
- Excellence — Do right by the work. Our work defines us. If it’s not world-class, then neither are we. We each live our craft, we never settle and we own the outcome. And by doing so, we strive to build the best, first-of-a-kind experiences for our clients and most importantly their customers.
- Service — Do right by our clients. Our clients choose us because they like us. Relationships really do matter. We create an enjoyable, high-touch experience for our clients. We prioritize collaboration over negotiation, and, by doing so we lift our clients to new heights.
- Heart — Do right by each other. Show some love and have some heart. Our people are the number one ingredient that makes us who we are, and we believe in absolute fairness, respect, and accountability, at all levels. It’s no secret, when we do right by you, you do right by us.
6 continents, 32 countries, 26 languages, 1 team
- We’re proud to not just preach diversity, but employ a truly diverse team. We’re intentional about bringing in people with different cultural backgrounds and perspectives because it is the best way to build products for the masses and promote the power of diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- YML is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.