Director of Product Management
San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, product engineering, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (full remote positions available).
WHAT DOES PRODUCT MEAN TO US?
Our product group inspires our team to create experiences that have a lasting impact. We’re thought leaders on the frontiers of human design, on the bleeding edge of culture & technology. We uncover insights that shine a light on new opportunity areas for innovation and guide our work toward powerful new solutions. Expert storytellers, our strategy team architects inspiring and clear visions that move teams toward the most promising outcomes.
In short, our strategists help our team imagine the future of the human experience.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Help clients build the right product and also build the product right
- Lead clients toward powerful solutions
- Leveraging IQ and EQ to earn trust and become a thought leader partner for a portfolio of key accounts
- Combining empathy with data, create unique views on the problem statement, customer personas & needs, opportunity areas, and solution territories that will provide the highest value to the customer and to our clients’ business
- Develop insights with traditional and next-gen research and testing methods, at all stages of strategic and creative development, from opportunity mapping through concept testing, usability, and multi-variant testing to analytics assessment
- Craft compelling presentations that effectively deliver a strategic point of view, those that are equal parts artful inspiration and scientific discipline
- Develop frameworks for clients to prioritize experience and product elements
- In partnership with UX and Creative, co-develop, and lead client workshops in new and inspiring ways
- Experiment and A/B test different experiences to learn fast and iterate
- Elevate the reputation of YML with distinctive perspectives on the industry and culture
- Contribute to industry-leading research, white papers, and speaking engagements
- Work with other teams like design and engineering very closely
- Deep knowledge developing world-class digital experience and product strategy
- Strong track record working for top-tier product companies or world-class agencies, with particular depth in categories that represent complex customer experiences, such as healthcare, financial services, or retail
- Strong case studies of strategies that led to breakthrough creative and highly effective outcomes
- 8-10 years of digital experience
YOUR IDEAL MINDSET
- An energetic go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless focus on creating amazing work
- A ‘hands-on’ individual with a high degree of initiative and dynamism
- A solid communicator & collaborator, someone who values the power of words and wields it gracefully
- A design-obsessed individual, one who loves solving large problems and applying the best in systems thinking to do it holistically
- A brand visionary, who can help paint the picture for how brands should power their digital experiences