San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
As a Talent Sourcer, will work directly with our Design, Engineering, Product Strategy, and Project Management leaders to help us scale with precision. We are looking for passion and grit in addition to proven technical & design sourcing experience. This is an opportunity to implement modern sourcing strategies & capture the most premiere talent not just in the Silicon Valley, but across the United States & internationally as well.
This position will report directly to our Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition.
- Source high caliber active and passive candidates through market research, networking, advanced search tools, employee referrals, and community events
- Partner with hiring managers to optimize sourcing techniques and contribute to our weekly status meetings
- Innovate our current talent & outbound sourcing strategies
- Be able to step in and ensure candidates have a world-class experience throughout each stage in our recruitment process
- 2+ years as a talent sourcer within a digital agency or tech company
- Experience recruiting Design (Product, Visual, UX, Service Design, Motion) & Engineering (Mobile, Web, QA, Ai, Machine Learning, IoT) is highly desired
- Excellent work ethic, a strong sense of urgency, and hyper attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- An "I can find you 100 unicorns" spirit
- An energetic go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless focus on creating amazing work. A ‘hands-on’ individual with a high degree of initiative and dynamism
- A solid communicator and collaborator, someone who values the power of words and wields it gracefully