Talent Acquisition Specialist
San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
We’re thought leaders on the frontiers of human psychology, on the bleeding edge of culture and technology. As a key contributor to our lean Talent team, you will be a huge asset to continue our growth path. You will work directly with our Engineering, Design, Strategy, and Project Management leaders to help us scale with precision. This is a full-cycle recruiting role, meaning managing your entire pipeline from sourcing to procedural steps to driving feedback all the way towards offer acceptance. You will report directly to our Talent Acquisition Manager.
We are looking for passion and grit in addition to proven talent acquisition experience, not a recruiter. This is an opportunity to reimagine the future of what talent experience means within the Silicon Valley.
- Source high caliber active and passive candidates through market research, networking, advanced search tools, employee referrals, and community events
- Drive the interview and offer process, including creating job descriptions, overseeing interviews & feedback, tactful negotiations, reference checks and closing of candidates
- Partner with hiring managers to drive the recruiting process forward and contribute to our weekly status meetings
- Innovate our current talent & outbound sourcing strategies
- Ensure candidates have a world-class experience throughout each stage in our recruitment process
- Deep knowledge in delivering a world-class talent experience
- 2+ years as a full-cycle technical recruiter within a digital agency or tech company
- Experience recruiting Design (Product, Visual, UX, Service Design, Motion) & Engineering (Mobile, Web, QA, Ai, Machine Learning, IoT) is highly desired
- Have the ability to influence top tier talent
- Excellent work ethic, a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- An energetic go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless focus on creating amazing work. A ‘hands-on’ individual with a high degree of initiative and dynamism
- A solid communicator and collaborator, someone who values the power of words and wields it gracefully
- A hustle-obsessed individual, one who loves clearing team obstacles and aspiring to win the war on talent