Associate Creative Director
San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
As an Associate Creative Director at YML, you will work in collaboration with a Creative Director to create the vision and the execution that will delight our clients and their customers. You will help lead a multi-discipline creative team(s), delivering world-class results for a large client across a program-level engagement, or a number of small to medium sized clients. As a creative leader at YML, you will help manage the creative department, inspiring them, and helping facilitate the processes, tools and learning opportunities they need to create products and experiences that have lasting impact.
This role is key to shaping the creative culture and the work at YML. We are on an exciting growth trajectory and your creativity leadership and “can do” approach will be critical to our ongoing success.
- Help develop the strategic vision for a single, large client or multiple small to medium clients
- Direct a multi-discipline team to turn strategic vision into ideas, designs and executions
- Get hands-on, creating exceptional presentations and designs when it’s required
- Present work at all stages to get ‘buy-in’ from internal stakeholders and clients
- Steward the project process to ensure high quality outcomes from strategy to implementation
- Help lead the creative department, inspiring a culture of ideas and creativity in all areas
- Grow our revenue by leading small to medium pitches and expanding current clients
- Manage and mentor designers to grow and do the best work of their careers
- An exceptional portfolio of distinctive multi-touchpoint experiences
- Experience managing a multi-discipline team at a top-tier product company or digital agency
- Success growing clients, leading pitches and winning new business
- Mastery of contemporary design best practices and tools
- Exceptional — you bring a unique perspective, fresh product ideas and world-class design
- Visionary — you are a strategic, systems thinker who helps elevate the work
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, inspiring teams to do great work
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to teams and clients
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love design and technology and the role it has in the shaping the future