Atlanta, Georgia, United States, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley.
As our Office Assistant, you’ll be working closely with every incredible human in our lean organization dedicated to having a lasting impact on each other and the industry.
You are someone who is proactive, process, and detail-obsessed; while also having a high degree of integrity, empathy, and trust. You will be a vital member in helping build a world-class culture.
This role reports to our Director of People & Culture.
- Greet visitors in a professional manner and with a positive energy
- Provide visitors with information and direct them accordingly
- Answer phone calls and direct callers to the appropriate party
- Process, sort, and route incoming and outgoing mail
- Monitor and manage inventory of office supplies; order and distribute office supplies as necessary
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings
- Perform other administrative support tasks, including updating and sorting files, drafting and proofreading correspondence, and conducting research
- Help clean office environment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, associate's degree or bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an office setting, preferably in an administrative or clerical role
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and comfortable working independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills and ability to operate general office equipment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including strong spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter & endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear & actionable direction to your team & visiting clients
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting & giving feedback
- Passionate — you love problem-solving and contributing to a world-class culture