UX Content Strategist
San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Copy & Content is the creation of written, imagery, video, audio content that motivates action and tells a brand’s or product moment’s story (e.g. on-boarding) in creative ways. You will compel clients and their customers with creative ideas, storytelling and copywriting, improving the YML work product with creative concepts and exceptional execution.
- High-level content strategy
- Creative concept creation
- Creative positioning and presentation
- Copywriting (indicative and final)
- Content direction — for photography, video, 3D, etc
- Direction on production and post-production
- A portfolio of content strategy.
- Experience collaborating with a product design team.
- The YML design team understands the value of content strategy and how to prioritize.
- You are someone the team trusts and wants leading content strategy on their projects.
- You are actively engaged in the design team culture and YML.