Program Manager (digital products)
San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. We create value for our clients by creating value for their customers.
Founded in 2009 we built app #54 in the App store. We have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter are in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (full remote positions available).
WHAT DOES PROJECT MANAGEMENT MEAN TO US?
Our project management group drives a seamless product delivery that will delight our clients and their customers. Working in collaboration with our engineering, design, and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems. You are a passionate advocate for software quality, its role in our society, and its relationship to technology. You possess outstanding project management skills, and a solid understanding of contemporary tools and product methodologies.
As a leader throughout the project life cycle, you are focal to the impact of the engagement. You facilitate various project workshops and processes enabling a cross-functional effort that will bring an exceptionally high-quality product and experience to consumers.
This position reports to a (Senior) Director of Program Management.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Own a single program or multiple brand programs, depending on the complexity
- Drive cross-functional teams towards extraordinary product deliveries
- Drive product cycle with iterative UX brainstorming, concept ideation, and end-user validation to bolster a product-market fit
- Speak the truth, face the facts
- Be able to seamlessly set up Project Management systems as needed
- Effectively serve as the primary point of contact between our clients, engineering, and design teams and continually drive towards a superior user experience using novel design concepts
- Provide good design and technical guidance to project team members so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced
- Cross-functional collaboration on product development and innovation
- 10 years minimum experience practicing software project management with 4 years minimum specializing in native mobile apps / digital products
- Proven track record managing multiple projects with a combined budget of $8M+
- Strong understanding of version control on deliverables
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Experience working with a pool of shared resources
- Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams -- Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science, Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
YOUR IDEAL MINDSET
- Excellence — Do right by the work. Our work defines us. If it’s not world-class, then neither are we. We each live our craft, we never settle and we own the outcome. And by doing so, we strive to build the best, first-of-a-kind experiences for our clients and most importantly their customers.
- Service **— Do right by our clients. Our clients choose us because they like us. Relationships really do matter. We create an enjoyable, high-touch experience for our clients. We prioritize collaboration over negotiation, and, by doing so we lift our clients to new heights.
- Heart — Do right by each other. Show some love and have some heart. Our people are the number one ingredient that makes us who we are, and we believe in absolute fairness, respect, and accountability, at all levels. It’s no secret, when we do right by you, you do right by us.