Lead Product Designer
Atlanta, Georgia, United States, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
As a Design Lead, you will work in collaboration with a Creative Director to create products and experiences that delight our clients and their customers. A combination of leadership, management, and hands-on design, you possess outstanding strategic expertise and digital product design skills. You will help lead a multi-discipline creative team, delivering outstanding results for a single, large-sized product, or a number of small to medium-sized products. As a design leader at YML, you will help facilitate the design process, tools and learning opportunities that designers need to create products and experiences that have a lasting impact.
This role is key to shaping the vision for a product or service and seeing it through to its completion. We are what we make, and your design leadership and “can do” attitude will be critical to our ongoing success.
- Lead a multi-discipline team to identify user needs and define product strategy
- Develop the vision for a single, large product/experience or multiple small to medium ones
- Get hands-on, creating exceptional presentations and designs when it’s required
- Present a product/experience vision to internal stakeholders and clients
- Lead a design team to turn vision into outstanding designs and prototypes
- Oversee the project process to ensure a high-quality output at every phase
- Play an active role in developing best-in-class product design practices
- Manage and mentor designers to reach their maximum potential and do their best work
- An outstanding portfolio of distinctive digital product/experience designs
- Experience managing design teams at a top-tier product company or digital agency
- Mastery of contemporary design best practices, tools and methodologies
- Exceptional — you bring a unique perspective, fresh product ideas, and work-class design
- Empathic — you are a champion of human-centered design and an advocate for the user
- Multi-practice — you can lead UX, iX, visual, and copywriting toward a common product vision
- Reliable — you always keep your promises to the team and you lead by example
- Collaborative — you are a team player who is proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Communicator — you clearly articulate ideas and designs; written, visually and presenting