San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our solutions architect / technical product owner group inspires the engineering team towards solutions that have a lasting impact. Focused on defining technical solutions for omnichannel customer experiences that impact millions of customers.
Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and process/organizational improvements. Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
This role will report to our Director of Engineering.
- Building product strategy with a strong technology mindset
- Work closely with the business team in their pitch and proposals through user research and evaluating emerging technologies to foster innovation in shaping product ideas
- Lead Product Definition phase by driving user research, story mapping, technical feasibility study to generate solutions for client’s problems/user needs
- Define, develop, and execute product roadmap through till delivery by ruthlessly prioritizing the backlog
- Leverage analytics and user research to envision and propose product improvements
- Define, analyze, and communicate product metrics to guide new features and enhancements
- Serve as the Scrum Product Owner for development teams, including all responsibilities like roadmap definition, feature prioritization, story writing with detailed acceptance criteria
- A highly talented and driven technical product owner with 10+ years of overall experience and 5 years acting as a technical product manager/owner
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in mobile development and web technologies (CMS, Angular React)
- Has excellent analytical and communication skills with proven ability to influence and negotiate with clients and internal stakeholders
- Experience defining product strategy from scratch with implementation success in previous roles is a must
- Proven experience one or more of mobile/healthcare/fintech domains or startup space
- Technical background in building mobile/cloud/ML/AI/SaaS products and bring own point of view in proposing the solutions to client requirements
- Act as product evangelist with deep curiosity on technology trends and being able to go deep into technology and relate technical enhancements to build a product vision
- Experience with cloud ecosystem or related technologies
- Groom and prioritize the work in the backlog according to business value
- Proficiency with Kotlin or Swift or Python etc.
- Ability to use story splitting techniques to break larger stories and deliver in small increments
- Experience using workshop techniques to foster story mapping and ideation sessions
- Technical Leader — you are both a team leader and a team player
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research and is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future