Lead Product Manager, Strategy
San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our product group inspires our team to create experiences that have a lasting impact. We’re thought leaders on the frontiers of human design, on the bleeding edge of culture & technology. We uncover insights that shine a light on new opportunity areas for innovation & guide our work toward powerful new solutions. Expert storytellers, our product team architects a clear product vision that moves teams toward the most promising outcomes.
Our product managers help our cross-functional team imagine the future of human experience through building omnichannel customer experiences that impact millions of customers.
- Lead clients toward powerful solutions. Leveraging IQ and EQ to earn trust and become thought leader partners for a portfolio of key accounts.
- Combine customer understanding, data, and industry/market/business analysis to create unique views on the problem statement, customer needs, opportunity areas, and solution territories that will provide the highest value to customers and to our client's business.
- Structure, develop and conduct customer research to help round out our understanding of the customer need
- Assess the business value and develop goals and KPIs sizing potential opportunities and impact as needed
- Develop testing methods, at all stages of strategic and creative development, from opportunity mapping through concept testing, usability, and multi-variant testing to analytics assessment.
- Craft compelling presentations that effectively deliver a strategic point of view, those that are equal parts artful inspiration and scientific discipline.
- Develop frameworks for clients to prioritize experience and product elements.
- In partnership with UX and Creative, co-develop and lead client workshops in new and inspiring ways.
- Elevate the reputation of YML with distinctive perspectives on the industry and culture. Contribute to industry-leading research, white papers, and speaking engagements.
- Deep knowledge developing world-class digital experience and product strategy
- Strong track record working for top-tier brands at world-class agencies, with particular depth in categories that represent complex customer experiences, such as healthcare, financial services, or retail.
- Strong case studies of strategies that led to breakthrough creative and highly effective outcomes.
- 5-10 years digital experience / 2 – 3 years in a lead position
- Proven Leader — you are both a team leader & a team player
- Product Visionary — you can inspire both designers & engineers
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research & is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear & actionable direction to your team & clients
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting & giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design & technology & the role it has in shaping the future