San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
As a Creative Director at YML, your vision will inspire and delight our clients and their customers. You will lead a multi-discipline creative team(s), delivering world-class results for a large client across a program-level engagement, or a number of small to medium-sized clients. As a member of our executive leadership team, you will help develop the strategic direction of the company, and help lead the creative department — providing the inspiration, the tools and the learning opportunities we need to create extraordinary products and experiences that have lasting impact.
This role is key to shaping the future for YML and our clients. We are on an exciting growth trajectory and your creativity, vision and infectious entrepreneurialism will be critical to our ongoing success.
- Co-create the strategic vision for a single, large client or multiple small to medium clients
- Lead multi-discipline teams to turn strategic vision into inspiring ideas, designs, and executions
- Present work at all stages and get ‘buy-in’ from internal stakeholders and senior clients
- Direct the creative process to ensure high-quality outcomes from strategy to implementation
- Partner with department leads to drive innovation and creative caliber across the company
- Grow our revenue by leading big pitches and expanding the scope of current clients
- Help lead the agency and the creative department, inspiring a culture of ideas and innovation
- Manage and mentor creative leads and designers to grow and do the best work of their careers
- A world-class portfolio of distinctive programs of work for world-class brands
- Experience leading multi-discipline teams at a top-tier product company or digital agency
- Proven success growing clients, leading pitches and winning new business
- Thought leadership and a future-forward perspective on design and technology
- Visionary — you are a strategic thinker who elevates the work to its highest level
- Inspiring — you are a natural leader who can inspire anyone to do their best work
- Driven — you are a relentless go-getter who leads by example
- Persuasive — you are a natural communicator, able to galvanize teams and win over clients
- Partner — you are a creative partner for the agency and the leadership of a project or account
- Passionate — you love design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future