Senior DevOps Engineer
Greater Bengaluru Area, IN
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our team in Bangalore is close to 160 strong, and we are growing in a variety of ways as we strive to achieve a culture of excellence.
Our Engineering group ensures YML delivers first-class web & mobile products that delight our clients and their customers. Working in collaboration with our engineering, design and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems.
Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and process/organizational improvements. Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
- Automating and orchestrating workloads across multiple cloud providers
- Automation experience with at least one configuration / deployment management system - Terraform / Chef / Puppet / Ansible AWS cloud formation or other such tools
- Experience working with at least one of the following languages : Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby and Java
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows
- Conceptualize, architect and build automated deployment pipelines in a CI/CD environment like Jenkins
- Conceptualize, architect and build a containerized infrastructure using Docker, or similar SaaS platforms
- Conceptualize, architect and build a secured network utilizing VPCs with inputs from the engineering team.
- Participate in architecture and software development activities
- Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Analyze current technology utilized within YML and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Uses open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
- Work with developers to institute systems, policies and workflows which allow for rollback of deployments Triage release of applications to production environment on a daily basis
- Establish DevOps best practices, utilize various open source technologies and tools to orchestrate solutions.
- Support internal and external customers on multiple platforms
- Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase user satisfaction
- Develop tooling and processes to dive and improve customer experience, create playbooks
- Work with other engineers, product management, QA, and operations teams to understand and execute project requirements
- Work in an environment of agile, test-driven fast feedback cycle
- Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms, and software engineering principles
- Minimum of 6 years of hands on experience in software development and DevOps
- Extensive experience in Unix/Linux
- Must have had prior experience automating deployments to production and lower environments
- Must have written a playbook to automate provisioning of cloud infrastructure as well as automation of routine maintenance tasks
- Strong hands on experience on below services: AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, SNS, SQS, IAM, KMS, Code Deploy, Route53, ECS, CloudFront, CloudWatch Azure: Azure Active Directory, Web Apps, Key Vault, VNET, ACR, AzureDevOps
- Experience in SQL and good knowledge of databases like Oracle, NoSQL
- Experience in setting up and maintaining cloud based Databases
- Experience Building a multi-region highly available auto-scaling infrastructure that optimizes performance and cost. Plan for future infrastructure as well as maintain & optimize existing infrastructure
- Experience with APM tools like New Relic and log management tools
- Experience in working in an Agile, fast paced, DevOps environment
- Active Open Source, GitHub or Stack Overflow contribution will be a big plus
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Good Verbal and Written communication skills
- Technical Advocate — you are both an advocate for the user and product quality
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research and is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future