Director Of Client Strategy
San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our client strategy group drives client growth and a thought leadership mindset through intelligent product discussions with our clients. They are able to guide clients to the best decisions that drive impact for their users, as well as be a source of knowledge for our program management team in key client moments. Focused on being an advocate for the client within YML, and ultimately work together to build digital products that solves the brand’s customer’s needs and pain points.
As the Client Strategy team at YML, we focus on the insights at the interception of the brand, the customer, and the competition. We build strong, understanding, and trusted partnerships because we prioritize the hard conversations that enable us to earn our client’s trust. And we work hard to achieve high Client & Employee satisfaction because we actively participate in project activities and deliverables to meet our clients’ objectives.
- Self-driven Client Strategy partner who provides both strategic and tactical leadership across multi-million dollar engagements, while keeping up-to-date on daily project activities
- Comfortable interacting with clients of all levels and industry backgrounds, from the CEO to administrative support staff. They need to know intuitively how to best facilitate the relationship between YML and our clients in any given situation
- Ability to manage and set client expectations. The Director of Client Strategy combines client needs and our own abilities to figure out the best way to conceive and deliver work with a lasting impact
- Strong strategic thinker, with the drive to be a trusted partner and adviser to the client on their business, brand, and customer experience strategy. Can both develop strategies and lead strategy development — a deep understanding of the client’s customers, competitors, the marketplace, and business challenges
- Identifies client’s business needs and works with both the client and the various YML teams to understand, define, and build effective and innovative solutions that generate measurable results
- 10+ years experience minimum practicing software program, project, product, account management for a digital agency, technology or media company
- 7+ years of client executive experience with primary accountability for peer-level client relationships at the C-level
- Ability to manage long-term, multi-million dollar engagements with multiple project tracks and teams
- Blue-chip client management experience required
- Strong understanding of emerging technologies and trends in web and mobile
- Experience leading teams with multiple discipline representation (especially product, creative, and technology)
- Proven track record of guiding teams and clients towards delivering elegant products
- Proven Leader — you are both a team leader and a team player
- Influencer — you can drive intelligent product discussions with c-suite stakeholders
- Communicative — You are a master communicator: you make your point clearly and concisely, knowing what points to highlight depending on your audience
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback, and you are not afraid to push back when you need to defend the team
- Realist — Overpromising and underdelivering are not part of your vocabulary. Knowing how to manage realistic expectations and meeting or exceeding them is what drives your behavior
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, believes in searching for answers and is an endless problem solver