Senior Project Manager (digital products)
San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our program management group drives a seamless product delivery that will delight our clients and their customers. Working in collaboration with our engineering, design and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems. You are a passionate advocate for software quality, its role in our society and its relationship to technology. You possess outstanding project management skills, ability to lead a multidimensional program(s) within a brand ecosystem, and a solid understanding of contemporary tools and product methodologies.
As a leader throughout the project life cycle, you are focal to the impact of the engagement. You facilitate various project workshops and processes enabling a cross-functional effort that will bring an exceptionally high-quality product and experience to consumers.
- Drive cross-functional teams towards extraordinary product deliveries
- Drive product cycle with iterative UX brainstorming, concept ideation, and end-user validation to bolster a product-market fit
- Speak the truth, face the facts
- Be able to seamlessly set up Project Management systems as needed
- Effectively serve as the primary point of contact between our clients, engineering and design teams and continually drive towards a superior user experience using novel design concepts
- Provide good design and technical guidance to project team members so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced
- Cross-functional collaboration on product development and innovation
- 8 years minimum experience practicing software project management with 4 years minimum specializing in native mobile apps / digital products
- Proven track record of delivering elegant products using metrics as evidence
- Strong understanding of version control on deliverables
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Experience working with a pool of shared resources
- Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams -- Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science, Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
- Aspiring Leader — you are both an emerging team leader and a team player
- Process-driven — You believe in creating and improving processes that work correctly for a given project, following the process, and ensuring that any modifications are vetted, communicated, and followed
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, believes in searching for answers and is an endless problem solver
- Communicative — You are a master communicator: you make your point clearly and concisely, knowing what points to highlight depending on your audience
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback, and you are not afraid to push back when you need to defend the team
- Realist — Overpromising and underdelivering are not part of your vocabulary. Knowing how to manage realistic expectations and meeting or exceeding them is what drives your behavior
- Passionate — You love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in the shaping future