Director of Product Management
San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our product group inspires our team to create experiences that have a lasting impact. We’re thought leaders on the frontiers of human design, on the bleeding edge of culture & technology. We uncover insights that shine a light on new opportunity areas for innovation & guide our work toward powerful new solutions. Expert storytellers, our product team architects a clear product vision that moves teams toward the most promising outcomes.
Our Director of Product will lead a group of product managers help our cross functional team imagine the future of human experience through building omnichannel customer experiences that impact millions of customers.
This role reports to our VP of Product.
- Own full product vision for (multiple) digital programs
- Lead clients toward powerful solutions, through product roadmapping and combining empathy with data
- Conversion of client requirement to user stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Customer feedback Analysis & Validation of the Hypothesis
- Decide & guide on sprint creation
- Prioritizing stories
- Analysis of events from analytics tools like Firebase & come up with suggestions on improvements in usability & features
- In partnership with UX and Creative, co-develop, and lead client workshops in new and inspiring ways
- Experiment and A/B test different experiences to learn fast and iterate
- Elevate the reputation of YML with distinctive perspectives on the industry and culture
- Be the bridge between client stakeholders & all internal teams, whatever frequency required by the project
- Experience working for top-tier product companies or world-class agencies, with particular depth in categories that represent complex customer experiences, such as healthcare, financial services, or retail
- Strong case studies of strategies that led to breakthrough creative and highly effective outcomes
- Proven experience launching mobile or web products to the market
- 10+ years of digital product management experience at minimum
- Proven Leader — you are both a team leader & a team player
- Product Visionary — you can inspire both designers & engineers
- Client Facing — you can influence key client stakeholders
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research & is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear & actionable direction to your team & clients
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting & giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design & technology & the role it has in shaping the future