San Francisco Bay Area, US
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC,CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley (remote positions available).
Our program management group drives a seamless product delivery that will delight our clients and their customers. Working in collaboration with our engineering, design and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems. You are a passionate advocate for software quality, its role in our society and its relationship to technology. You possess outstanding project management skills and a solid understanding of contemporary tools and product methodologies.
As a leader throughout the project life cycle, you are focal to the impact of the engagement. You facilitate various project workshops and processes enabling a cross-functional effort that will bring an exceptionally high-quality product and experience to consumers.
- Solid experience working with Architecture teams to assess and size story/epics
- Facilitates interaction and appropriate communication between scrum teams, architecture and UX
- Drives metrics driven planning of team commitments throughout the project roadmap
- Actively maintains the backlog, involving other parties as needed
- Proactively monitors and removes roadblocks for the team, keeping issues moving
- Coordinates with offshore peers as needed, in the IST timezone
- Passionate commitment to delivering high quality products on time
- Presents reports, holds demos with a broad audience
- Represents both the business and technology
- Self-motivated, organized
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in a technical field, computer science preferred
- 8 years minimum experience as a scrum master, in application software
- Experience managing multiple scrum teams, in a large matrixed environment where dependency management is key to success. Healthcare domain experience is a plus
- Demonstrable expertise of agile methodology and frameworks like SAFe and Scrum
- Deep understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile procedures to predict the development teams’ needs and QA needs
- Excellent communicator in person, over the phone and through email
- Strong proficiency with scrum tools such as JIRA and confluence
- Scrum Leader — you are able to understand the big development picture upon each sprint
- Proactive — you are a go-getter that leads by example, believes in searching for answers and is an endless problem solver
- Clear & Crisp — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback, and you are not afraid to push back when you need to defend the team
- Realist — Overpromising and underdelivering are not part of your vocabulary. Knowing how to manage realistic expectations and meeting or exceeding them is what drives your behavior
- Efficient — You are able to strategically make sure no one is idle
- Passionate — You love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in the shaping future